Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Happy Birthday!

As mentioned in my last post, M had a birthday party. It was a really fun afternoon. He only wanted 4 friends, which was perfect. It was 3 hours, which was just a little too long for him. He was ready to be done after 2 hours, which is very typical for him. He's never been able to handle too much stimulation. This was actually his first friends birthday party for this exact reason. I told M that he could put the balloons any where he wanted and just to let me know if he needed any help. He did a fantastic job! We planned what games he wanted to play, after all these are his friends and he knows them better then I do. He decided on statues, musical chairs (which we used pieces of construction paper), duck, duck goose, twister and playing with the overhead projector. I thought the kids would enjoy decorating cupcakes more than a cake, which also took up time ;) He wanted to have hot dogs and ketchup chips, mama added a fruit try and water to that healthy line up. While I was cooking hot dogs (because remember I was single parenting it) I gave them foam stickers and markers to decorate their treat bags. They all did a great job.
M had fun despite being done. If you ever want to have a relaxing kid party, let them plan it!

No comments:

Post a Comment