Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday Funday

Gosh does this ever have a different meaning when you're an adult! I spent the majority of my Sunday working on a school project, planning for the upcoming week at work, meal planning, making my weekly lists, and paying bills. Oh and did I mention...parenting! Would you believe this was my restful day of the week!
M turned 6 on April 1. My plan was to have his friends party on the 2nd and family over for dinner on the 3rd. We had to change plans as we had my father-in-law's celebration of life on the 3rd. There was no way we would emotionally be able to handle all that in one weekend. The third needed to be about closure for my husband, and my children. So with a quick change of plans family came for dinner on the 2nd and friends came yesterday! My husband was away for work last week so I was single parenting it. I spent my Friday off running around getting everything together for the party and then running kids to after school programs. Waiting until they were asleep to clean, because we all know cleaning with kids is like sweeping times square on new years eve! 
Yesterday M had 4 friends over for a play date birthday party. They were a fun group of kids. M picked out all the games, decorating was left up to him. It was so child directed and stress free! I'll post about this another day.
Anyways I'm rambling! Happy Sunday. Hopefully yours was better than mine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment